Biology in South Africa
This course is moving to Summer 2018.
This is a skills-based course for students in relevant careers, including veterinary medicine, ecology and wildlife biology. The goals are to learn and apply:
- Be exposed to the biological basesof the behavior of South African wildlife
- Gain experience with discussing ideas and working on specific aspects of animal behavior in South Africa
- Be introduced to the literature of animal behavior on South African wildlife.
- Gain first-hand knowledge on the behavior of South African wildlife.
- Be informed about the scientific process and the application of critical thinking, especially to management and conservation issues that could benefit from a behavioral perspective for wildlife of South Africa.
Note: documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to view,
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,