Summer 2018 information coming soon.
Explore the e history and culture of Ireland and its tangential relationship to the
history and agriculture of Kentucky and the USA.
- Irish farms of all types
- Irish horse farms
- Cork City and Cobh
- Blarney Castle
- Cliffs of Moher
- Aran Islands
- Guiness Brewery in Dublin
Anticipated Learning Outcomes
- Describe the landscape, climate, and agricultural production factors pertinent to Ireland.
- Compare and contrast the animal production, plant production, and gardens in Ireland to those found in Kentucky.
- Explain the significance of the Irish Potato Famine and detail factors that contributed to it, both natural and political.
- Discuss the relationship between the AllTech European HQ in Ireland and the World HQ in KY.
- Identify agricultural and conservation opportunities in Ireland.
- Compare and contrast agriculture in Ireland and KY.
- Roger Dennis
- Summer 2018
- American Traveler (Non-Credit)
Note: documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to view,
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,