This study abroad to Greece and Crete offers a unique opportunity to explore how culture impacts leadership and how leadership has evolved over several millennia.
Students will examine the challenges in applying modern, domestic concepts of leadership theory in the Greek culture. Although this course has practical aspects, the primary focus centers on site visits in Greece and Crete and discussions pertaining to the role culture has played in shaping Greek leadership since from antiquity to the present.
- 21 nights accommodation
- Historical and cultural sites in Thessaloniki, Athens & Crete
- Acropolis, Parthenon
- Delphi & Olympia
- Understand such concepts as ethnocentrism, stereotyping, world view, cultural symbolism, belief and values systems;
- Recognize the role that culture plays in leadership concepts;
- Identify and describe the dimensions of culture;
- Gain an overview of world culture clusters (GLOBE) with an emphasis on Eastern Europe;
- Understand the universally desirable and undesirable leadership attributes;
- Understand the challenges when leading in different cultures.
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,