Faculty-Led Study Abroad
Navigating the waters
Teaching a study abroad course offers unique challenges not faced in the traditional classroom setting. The Forum on Education Abroad provides resources to you to make the most of your program.
- Forum on Education Abroad Code of Ethics (download)
- Forum on Education Abroad Practices (download)
- Forum on Education Abroad Standards of Good Practice (online)
Mentors & Guides
- Department head or chair. It is important to speak with your department head prior to developing the syllabus.
- Other faculty are great resourses and we can put you contact.
It is important to review the Standards of Conduct for all WKU employees: http://www.wku.edu/policies/docs/148.pdf
Recruiting students is a joint effort among the faculty leaders, the academic departments and colleges, and the Office of Study Abroad & Global Learning.
WKU faculty members have a wide sphere of influence and can generate a lot of interest in your programs. Word-of-mouth enthusiasm can spread among other students, working to your advantage.
How We Partner With You
We are here to help make your program work by partnering with you on:
- Program development travel grants
- Consultation in program design
- Billing and Budgeting
- Marketing support
- Student registration
- Travel coordination
- Student Scholarships