FAQs About Refunds
Click on a question below for the answer. Click on the question again to close.
- How will I receive any refund or residual monies?
- The “ONLY” way to select your university refund and payroll preferences.
Western Kentucky University has partnered with Higher One, a financial services company that specializes in student refund services. All refunds and payroll funds are disbursed through the WKU Debit Card. For questions about the WKU Debit Card, please contact the Card/Collections Office at (270)745-5551 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Get Started Now! Visit WKUDebitCard.com to set up your card.
When it comes to deciding how to get your money, just choose the best option that fits you.
- Same business day deposit to a OneAccount. Money deposited to the account the same business day funds are released by WKU to Higher One.
- Deposit to another account. Money in two to three business days.
NOTE: The university will NOT issue residual/refund checks, so you MUST choose an option for receiving any refund due to you. The funds are sent from the university to Higher One who then disburses the refunds according to the choice a student has made during the selection process.
These funds are to be used to help pay for other educational-related expenses such as books & supplies, transportation and off-campus living expenses. You should be sure to budget these funds so that they will last the entire semester.
- When will my student refund be available?
- Refund processing does not begin until one week prior to the first day of each semester. Generally, if your financial aid is complete, refunds should be available the Friday before the beginning of each semester. To expedite the process, make sure you have selected your refund preference at www.wkudebitcard.com
- Is there a way I can tell how much my student refund is going to be?
- The amount of your refund is available on WKUdebitcard.com.
Logon to https://wkudebitcard.higheroneaccount.com/ with your registered email address and password.
Click “Refund” and then click “Refund Status and History”. If a refund is going to be issued to you, you will see the status and amount on the screen.
Note: documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to view,
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,