Skip to main content
Skip to main content

Frequently Asked Questions



1.Where is Facilities Management located?
Facilities Management is located in Parking Structure 1.

 2.How do I go about reporting a problem?
Problems should be sent through our electronic work order request system, they will then be routed to the appropriate staff via a work order. For emergency issues, please call our office direct at 745-3253 during operating hours and after hours call university police at 745-2548.

3.Where do I find a Service Request?
This is currently our only form not electronic. These can be picked up at our Facilities Management office.

4.What is the difference between a Maintenance Request and a Service Request?
Maintenance requests are request being made for general maintenance issues, such as your light out, power plug not working etc. Emergency work requests should be called in to our office at 745-3253. Service Requests

These types of requests are the financial responsibility of the requesting departments. The resources provided to Facilities Management are allocated for the maintaining of buildings in their designed condition. Any additions or improvements that alter the existing space are considered projects and are not funded by the maintenance department. Purchases made for office furniture, office decor or department specific equipment etc., are also not funded by DFM. Examples of other types of request that would not be covered: unscheduled painting requests, etc. to request services beyond general maintenance, please send us a Service Request, currently not available on line. If you need some for your department, please call our DFM office at 745-3253 and we will be happy to put them in the hand mail for you.

5.Who do I call if I have a problem with my door lock, locked up and/or pickup and return university keys?
No longer the responsibility of the Department of Facilities Management. For lock issues/key pickups and returns, please contact Access Control under the direction of University Police effective, July 1st 2011 @ 5-5050.

6.Who do I call if I have an issue with my building/area not being cleaned, or bathrooms are out of toilet paper or paper towels?  

Please report these concerns to our main office at 5-3253 and they will be directed to the appropriate personnel to take care of the issue.

Note: documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to view,
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.

Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
download excel.

Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
download word.

Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
download powerpoint.

Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,
download quicktime.

 Last Modified 9/25/14