Exploratory Student Ambassadors
The application for the 2017-2018 year has closed. Please check back next year to apply for the 2018-2019 school year.
The Exploratory Student Ambassadors are student volunteers dedicated to representing the Exploratory Program at Western Kentucky University and supporting Exploratory/Undeclared students. The group is comprised of students who wish to provide leadership and serve as peer mentors for students who have not declared a major.
Exploratory Student Ambassadors will be expected to participate in the following:
- Serve as peer mentors for Exploratory/Undeclared students
- Communicate with mentees at least once a month through email or text and arrange one meet-up per month
- Assist with WKU’s Topper Orientation Program (TOP) and MASTER Plan
- Promote and help set-up or facilitate Exploratory events and programs including the Majors and Minors Fair
- Meet with and communicate with current Exploratory students on choosing a major
- Must have at least a 2.5 GPA
- Must be enrolled in at least 12 hours or a full-time student
- Must have the ability to attend required training(s)
- Must have the ability to attend at least 2 events each semester, in addition to a portion of MASTER Plan in August and September 19 for the Majors and Minors Fair
- Network with students, faculty, staff, and alumni from all over WKU
- Complete volunteer hours and gain leadership experience to add to your resume
- Become more engaged with campus life and the community
- Have fun interacting with WKU students and sharing your personal story
To apply to become an Exploratory Student Ambassador, complete the attached application form and return to the Academic Advising & Retention Center at Downing Student Union 2141 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org by 4:30 PM, Monday, April 10.
You will be notified if you have been selected for an interview.
Note: documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to view,
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,