New and Improved Career Services Center (CSC) Services
- Request an appointment with Career Servcies at WKU - Elizabethtown.
- Interview Stream - This is an on-line tool that allows students to practice their interviewing skills. Feedback can be provided by the CSC Career Counselors.
- FOCUS-2 - This is an on-line, self-guided program that helps students explore and make decisions about their career goals and major areas of study. FOCUS Career Assessment Login
- Kentucky Work-Study Program (KWSP) - Eligible students can gain career-related work experience while local employers receive a $2/hour wage reimbursement.
Other CSC Services
- Find a Major - What Can I Do With This Major? Whether you are exploring multiple majors or searching for information about your chosen field, this site will help you connect majors to careers. Learn about the typical career areas and the types of employers that hire people with each major, as well as strategies to make you a more marketable candidate. Research on majors and careers through the websites provided.
- MyPlan Career Assessment - Whether you are deciding on what college to attend, choosing a major, planning ahead for your first career, or thinking about making a career change, MyPlan can help!
- TopJobs - WKU's premiere on-line job search and employment management system for students, faculty, staff, and alumni. Employers search for you, schedule interviews with employers, build a career portfolio, and search online for job listings. TopJobs Login
- Career Planning - DISCOVER is an on-line, web-based program that provides assistance in setting career goals, reviewing majors and occupations that match interests and abilities, and helping students plan for and obtain career-related experience.
- Resumes and Cover Letters - The Career Services Center will help you develop a well constructed resume providing a video with step-by-step instructions. Be ready to observe and learn!
Career Service Links
- Welcome to the Career Services Center
- This link will take you directly to the Career Services Center homepage.
- Career Search Links
- This link offers a listing of career related websites, ranging from general job data banks to listing specific locations, industries, etc.
- What is TopJobs?
- Looking for a job? TopJobs is free for Western students and alumni and allows you to upload your career portfolio, search online job listings, and schedule interviews with employers.
- Register with TopJobs or Login here
- If you are an ECTC student an do not have and WKU Student ID number, contact your Career Counselor, Adrianne Browning, at 270.745.3095 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- DISCOVER Career Program
- Are you undecided about a career or major? DISCOVER, an online, web-based program, offers guidance in making career ad educational decisions. It's imporatant to meet with your Career Counselor, Adrianne Borwning, once you've taken the assessment for interpretation of your results. Contact her at email@example.com to make an appointment.
- DISCOVER Login
- Follow this link to take DISCOVER! If you are an ECTC student and do not have a WKU Student ID number, contact your Career Counselor, Adrianne Browning, at 270.745.3095 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Job Search Process
- Looking for a job? Follow this link for resources to help you get ready for your job search process. Here, you'll find information on resume writing, interviewing, and salary information.
- You might be wondering what to do with your life after you finish your undergraduate degree. It is common for students to think that the next step might be graduate school, but before making a decision, it's best to consider all the factors about graduate school and whether it's the right thing for you! Career Services Staff can be helpful in talking about this decision and helping you think of different options.
- Elizabethtown/Hardin County Chamber of Commerce
- Visit this link for more information on local business and education. A job search link is also provided for local area job listings.
- Elizaebethtown Area Office of Employment and Training
- This webpage will link you to the most recent job postings with the Office of Employment and Training. This particular office serves the counties of Breckenridge, Hardin, Larue, Meade, Marion, and Washington.
- One Knox
- Click on "Hiring Symposium" for more information on federal jobs.
Note: documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to view,
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,