Who are the WKU Engineering EngiNinjas?
The WKU Department of Engineering "EngiNinjas" are an elite group of student leaders who represent the Engineering Department and assist in many ways with sharing our Engineering story with prospective students, industries, and other V.I.P.s. They also help with recruitment and retention outreach activities. An EngiNinja's job is to help visitors understand that WKU Engineering is the program of choice in Kentucky for a student seeking a high quality, affordable, project-driven engineering education. Membership in this group is selective. Our goal is to select two EngiNinjas from each Engineering program to serve for one academic year.
- Represent WKU Engineering at student recruitment and career and industry events both on-and off-campus
- Participate in new student orientation days (ATP)
- Provide departmental tours to prospective students, their parents, and other campus visitors such as industry tours or school group tours
- Assist with fall and spring Engineering Expos
- Train other engineering students to promote WKU Engineering in their area high schools
- Assist with Industry Showcases in the fall & spring as needed
- WKU Engineering major and at least a sophomore in your program
- Full-time enrollment as an undergraduate student
- Cumulative GPA of 2.5 or higher
- Excellent oral communication skills and poise in dealing with diverse groups of visitors
- Attend a mandatory training session and two meetings per semester with the ambassador supervisor
- Ability to devote approximately 30 hours per semester to this leadership role while maintaining required GPA
- Be willing to make a one year commitment to the EngiNinja program. If you cannot fulfill the two semester requirement, you must notify the ambassador supervisor immediately so that a replacement can be found for the following semester.
- $500 scholarship per semester sponsored by our WKU Engineering Industrial Partners
- EngiNinja apparel provided & a group photo will be taken & posted on our Engineering website
- Getting acquainted with other students, faculty, and staff
- Gain great leadership skills to add to your resume
How to Apply
- Make sure you meet the requirements for becoming an EngiNinja.
- Complete an EngiNinja Application before the Application Deadline of April 15th.
- A selection committee will review the applications, and EngiNinja selections will be announced by June 1 to begin work for the 2015/2016 school year.
New EngiNinjas will be selected in May of each year for the following academic year. Applications are due by April 15th.
Contact Debbie Berry at (270) 745-2574 or email@example.com .
Note: documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to view,
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,