- Field Work
- Field Experience FAQ
- Field Work Requirements
- KFETS Fieldwork How to Videos
- Faculty Reference for Field Experience
Teacher Services Search:
Press Enter to Search
Field Work Requirements
Teacher Services Requirements
In order to begin field work, all students must have a current copy of their completed physical exam, TB test, criminal background check through Verified Credentials on file with the Office of Teacher Services. Contact Andrea Ford with any questions.
Warren County Public School System Requirements
If completing field work in Warren County Public Schools, students will not be allowed to enter schools until meeting the following requirements:
Students must watch the Confidentiality Training Video (see below). After viewing the video, students must print and sign the confidentiality affidavit(pdf) and turn it in to the Office of Teacher Services. You should do this process during your Teacher Admissions Orientation. If you have not attended a Teacher Admission Orientation yet, you may download the form here, watch the video, sign, and submit.
Confidentiality Training Video
Documenting Field Hours
Kentucky Field Experience Tracking System (KFETS)
Students must create an EPSB account (link below), login to the EPSB website, and click the KFETS link
Fall field experiences can be entered after the first week in September.
The Kentucky Field Experience Tracking System (KFETS) is an online application for tracking field experiences of teacher candidates enrolled in a Kentucky teacher preparation program and students who plan to enroll in a teacher preparation program in Kentucky. Candidates in Kentucky are required to complete a minimum of 200 field experience hours prior to student teaching.
A full description of the KFETS system and the KAR 5:040 Regulation can be found on the Education Professional Standards Board (EPSB) here http://www.epsb.ky.gov/teacherprep/FieldExperience.asp
In addition to filling out KFETS online, this form is designed to document the field hours that are being completed. Download The Form Here. This form is completed on site with signatures of the professionals in which students complete the field work under and then the signatures of their course professors. Students need to keep the orginals of these for their own documentation and security.
EPSB Powerpoint Presentation providing a detailed explanation of the Candidate portion of the KFETS system is available here http://www.epsb.ky.gov/documents/EduPrep/KFETS_Candidate_PP.pptx
Student KFETS Entry Steps
- Go to the EPSB website http://www.epsb.ky.gov/
- Click on the Login to EPSB link which will open a new window
- All students (if they have not already done so) will need to create an EPSB account which they will use throughout their teaching career in Kentucky
- Answer all items necessary to create account
- Login to the EPSB Portal with the user credentials
- Click on the KFETS Link under the EPSB Online Services
- Click on Choose Course(s) link
- Select WKU as the IHE and other items required which include School Year, Semester, Course, Student ID and then Add Course to your experiences (this will need to be done only once for each course requiring field work experiences)
- Click on Add Candidate Activity for each experience needing entry for the selected course (each experience must be entered separately)
- Follow the KFETS prompts for entry of each experience
Field Experience FAQ
Note: documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to view,
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,