T.R.U.T.H. Talks Series
True Racial Understanding Through Honest (T.R.U.T.H.) Talks
True Racial Understanding Through Honest (T.R.U.T.H.) Talks are group discussions designed to engage the campus community in conversations on topics of race, diversity, equity, and inclusion.
T.R.U.T.H. Talks’ vision is to educate participants on social justice and intergroup relations, and to prepare them to lead others in creating a more inclusive campus and world. A hallmark feature of the talks includes students, faculty and staff being invited to use interactive technology to assist in retaining anonymity when posing questions and engaging in conversations.
By engaging in the T.R.U.T.H. Talks Series, participants will:
- engage in meaningful, structured interactions between students of diverse backgrounds
- increase understanding and awareness of themselves, groups they belong to, and others from different identities
- become familiar with intergroup issues and challenges related to specific identities in relation to national and global issues
- critically reflect on personal and shared identity experiences
- become informed and active global citizens
If you really want to understand how issues of race, diversity and inclusion present themselves in everyday life, please plan to join us for T.R.U.T.H. Talks the third Tuesday of each month at 6pm.