New Training Offerings!
- Budgeting Basics
- Challenging Negative Attitudes
- Cultural Competency
- Drug Issues in the Workplace
- Effective Negotiation Skills
- Finance for the Non-financial Professionals
- How to get noticed...for the right reason
- Identification Theft: More Than Just an Inconvenience
- Improving Customer Service
- Industrial Safety and Accident Prevention
- Media Relations
- Preventing Workplace Violence
- Succession Planning
- Supervising Former Peers
- Understanding Japanese Culture
- Unleash Your Creativity
Preventing Workplace Violence
One 4–Hour Session
This session will explore the many facets of violence in the workplace. Each time a workplace violence incident occurs around the country, administrators start thinking, "What if that occurred at our facility?" What does your violence policy look like? Workplace violence involves much more than incidents that make the "front page." Workplace violence includes disruptive behavior, such as verbal abuse. It may also involve aggressive/threatening behavior or physical assault. This workshop discusses all of these issues.
The participant will learn: (1) conflict resolution techniques (2) what is involved in a comprehensive work place violence policy (3) your vulnerability to becoming a victim, and (4) post–incident response needs.
- Dealing with a disruptive employee
- The organization’s workplace violence policy
- The police role
- Getting back to work
Who Should Attend
This seminar is intended for all employees.