New Training Offerings!
- Budgeting Basics
- Challenging Negative Attitudes
- Cultural Competency
- Drug Issues in the Workplace
- Effective Negotiation Skills
- Finance for the Non-financial Professionals
- How to get noticed...for the right reason
- Identification Theft: More Than Just an Inconvenience
- Improving Customer Service
- Industrial Safety and Accident Prevention
- Media Relations
- Preventing Workplace Violence
- Succession Planning
- Supervising Former Peers
- Understanding Japanese Culture
- Unleash Your Creativity
One 4-Hour Session
A fancy definition of cultural competency is “the willingness and ability to interact respectfully and effectively with individuals and groups, acknowledging the common and different elements of our cultural identities.” The result is words and actions that recognize, affirm and value the worth of individuals and communities and protect and preserve the dignity of each. “Cultural intelligence” is another term for cultural competence.
The participant will learn to: (1) identify the elements of cultural competence in the workplace (2) increase an understanding of their own cultural background and how it affects perceptions and interpretations of other cultures, and (3) develop the skills needed to practice respectful and caring behavior toward culturally diverse individuals and groups.
- What is cultural competency and what does it look like?
- How to develop your cultural awareness
- How values differ among cultures
- Techniques for giving feedback to ensure understanding
Who Should Attend
This seminar is intended for management teams, team leaders, and supervisors.