REQUISITES FOR GRADUATION
Candidates for graduate degrees will be charged a fee of $40.00. This fee will cover the cost of cap and gown, diploma and other necessary expenses. The degree candidate must complete an Application for Graduation and return it with the graduation fee to the Registrar's Office according to the dates established by the Registrar for each semester. Graduation fees should be paid no later than the semester prior to the semester of graduation. Applications not received by the Registrar's Office by the due date will result in the student's omission from the graduate ceremony bulletin. Applications are available from the Registrar's Office or at Graduate Studies. This fee is subject to change without prior notice. Degrees are conferred for fall graduates in December, for spring graduates in May and for summer graduates in August. Any degree requirements completed in the May/June/July summer sessions will result in the student receiving the degree in August.
The following requirements must be met before a student may receive a Graduate Degree from the Department of Counseling and Student Affairs from Western Kentucky University:
- Approved degree program (Form B/C) on file.
- Approved for admission to candidacy (Form D).
- Successful completion of all course-work for the program.
- Any and all course changes made to the degree program.
- All transcripts for transfer credit received and approved.
- Application for graduation and fee received.
- Successful completion of the comprehensive examination or capstone experience.
- Report on comprehensive exam/capstone (Form E) received by Graduate Studies.
- All grades posted on transcript.
The Registrar's Office has 6 to 8 weeks after the end of the semester to post degrees and mail diplomas to all graduate students. If you did not have all of the above requirements met at this time, your diploma will be awarded and mailed 6 to 8 weeks following the time of completion of all requirements. The Registrar's Office sets conferment deadlines at 6 weeks after the end of the semester. If graduation requirements are completed after this deadline, the degree will be awarded in the following semester.
GRADUATE STUDIES COURSE FORMS
The following are printable versions of all forms necessary for the completion of the Department of Counseling and Student Affairs Master's Degree from Western Kentucky University:
Form B/C: Program Form
Form E: Report on Comprehensive Examination