InternshipsCOMM 489 - Internship in Communication
- This course is a requirement in Corporate & Organizational Communication major; and is an elective in Communication Studies major
- Prerequisites: COMM 200 (Communication Foundations), COMM 362 (Organizational Communication),
and Junior standing. For departmental majors only.
- Prerequisite/Co-requisite: COMM 300 (Introduction to Communication Research Methods).
- Structures appropriate supervised work with a cooperating organization.
- Open only to Communication Studies and Corporate & Organizational Communication majors.
- Course will be repeatable once for credit (only 3 hours will count for credit toward major.)
Meet with the Director of Internships no later than the semester prior to the semester of the Internship.
To be enrolled, the student, Director of Internships, and the participating business, will work through three (3) forms -
- Application Form
- Learning Contract
- WKU unofficial transcript (from TopNet)
Upon successful completion/agreement on the scope of the internship, student, Director of Internships, and the Supervisor(s) must sign the Learning Contract as a Binding Agreement.
Students may contact Career Services to receive help on job placement.
Note: documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to view,
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,