International Association of Business Communicators (IABC)
The International Association of Business Communicators (IABC) is a global network of communication professionals committed to improving organizational effectiveness through strategic communication. We are the WKU chapter of the organization and we are dedicated to sharing opportunities and experiences in communication for students at Western Kentucky University that will leave a lasting impact on their professional careers. Students of all majors are welcome. Meetings are open and take place every first Monday of the month at 5pm in room 156, unless otherwise stated. Each month, we have professional guest speakers from across the communication field. We usually offer refreshments at each meeting and some communication classes will offer extra credit for attending the events.
Why join IABC?
- Attend meetings with guest speakers from the professional field
- Meet people with similar interests in communication
- Network with communication professionals
- Build your resume and job application skills
- Serve your local community
- Tap into our network of global members to help you transition from school to professional life
- Find out what it really means to enter the world of marketing, PR, corporate communications, advertising, HR, external communications, government relations
- IABC meetings, conferences, conventions, career nights
- And MORE!
How to Become a Member:
In order to be a member of the organization, it is required that you apply for student membership with the IABC Nashville Chapter. The link to the application is here. Once it is complete, you can email/send it to our office or to the Department of communication office and we will have it sent/faxed to the Nashville chapter. If you have any questions or need assistance, please feel free to contact Dr. Donna Schiess. We would love to have you as a member of IABC!
- Tuesday, February 4th, 5pm - FAC 198
- WKU Professor Panel: What You Don't Learn in the Classroom
- Tuesday, February 18th, 5pm - FAC 252
- Dr. Daniel Liddle: Personal Branding and Business Cards Workshop
- Tuesday, March 3rd, 5pm - FAC 252
- Special Guest: Resume Building and Polishing Workshop
- Tuesday, March 24th, 5pm - FAC 198
- Chip Polston, Sr. VP of Communications and Public Relations and Social Responsibility for the KY. Lottery Corporation - Tips and Tricks of the Trade
- Tuesday, April 7th, 5pm - FAC 198
- Dr. Jeffrey Rice and Panel members: Grant Writing - Where's the Money?
- Tuesday, May 5th, 5pm - FAC 198
- IABC and Me: IABC Officer Panel and Officer Elections for next year
Fall 2020 dates to be announced
For more information, contact Dr. Donna Schiess
Garrett Bunch, WKU IABC president