Accreditation & Outcomes
One of only two PRSA credentialed universities in Kentucky, Western Kentucky University’s Public Relations Program has been credentialed by the Public Relations Society of America (PRSA) through its Certification in Education for Public Relations (CERP), since 2004. Representing all Public Relations practitioners, PRSA is the nation’s largest professional organization representing more than 30,000 members.
The WKU Public Relations program has undergone rigorous review to earn its credentialed status. The Certification process begins with a lengthy and detailed application. Once approved, the school undergoes a 3-day site visit where a team from PRSA observes Public Relations courses the school has to offer and interviews administrators, faculty, and students.
Certification is granted based on the following standards:
- Public Relations Curriculum
- Public Relations Faculty (Full-Time And Part-Time)
- Resources, Equipment, And Facilities
- Public Relations Students
- Professional Affiliations
- Relationships With Total Unit And University
- Diversity And Global Perspectives
WKU’s PR program looks forward to being awarded the PRSA stamp of approval when they reapply for credentialed status in 2018-19.