Rick Redman, B.A.
VP Corporate Communications of Louisville Slugger (Hillerich & Bradsby Co.)
Member Term: 2014-2017
- Giving the first live report from a station-owned news helicopter in Louisville TV history (WHAS-11)
- Society of Professional Journalists and National Conference of Christians & Jews awards for reporting on the plight of the homeless, (WHAS-11)
- Emmy Award winner (WAVE-3) for creation of High School Friday Night, Kentucky’s first weekly football highlights show
- Powers Award winner from North American Association of State & Provincial Lotteries, (Kentucky Lottery Corporation) as the leading communications executive among North American lotteries
- Creation of Louisville Slugger Walk of Fame
- Creation of Louisville Slugger pink bat program with Major League Baseball
- Advancement of Louisville Slugger Silver Slugger Awards presence in the sports awards landscape
- Creation of Louisville Slugger partnership with the Wounded Warrior Amputee Softball Team
- Successful re-staging of the 129-year-old Louisville Slugger brand
- Working with some of the greatest names in baseball history, as well as current players, on a wide variety of projects
- Louisville Sports Commission board of directors
- Trinity High School Foundation board
- Bowling Green State University, Communications Advisory Council
- Chair, Kentucky & Southern Indiana Chapter, Alzheimer’s Assoc.
- Metro United Way, PR/Marketing Committee
- America Red Cross, PR/Marketing Committee
- United Soccer Club, board of directors
- Youth sports coach
Most Vivid Memory of WKU
Seeing my oldest son Zach receive his degree from Dr. Ransdell while wearing the hands of Big Red. Yes, Zach was Big Red, something he truly enjoyed while at WKU. It was pretty cool to sit in Diddle Arena and see my son high five the president of the university while wearing a gigantic, furry red hand!