Kasey Mathes, M.A.
Senior Analyst, Public Relations of Yum! Brands, Inc.
Member Term: 2014-2017
- Interned at Yum! Brands, one of the world’s largest restaurant companies, throughout undergraduate experience at WKU 2005-2009
- Began official career with Yum! Brands as an account Manager in their Creative Services department in 2010 after completing Master’s at WKU.
- Serves in leadership position for Yum! Brands young professional resource group, g2.
- Completed the inaugural rotational program for Yum! Public Affairs function (1 of 2 associates chosen to participate in program) in 2013.
- Rotated through 5 teams in one-year building my know how of the entire Public Affairs function (Government, Internal Communications, Community Affairs, Public Relations, CSR)
- Took a permanent position on the PR team once completing the rotational program at the end of 2013.
- Currently responsible for working with media relations, consumer relations and social media to drive proactive news in efforts to build and protect the Company’s corporate reputation, reinforce key business growth strategies and help drive Yum! Brands vision to Become The Defining Global Company That Feeds The World
- Participant in the 2014 (Fall) IGNITE Louisville class. IGNITE Louisville is a 6 month high-intensive leadership course that partners with local non-profits to achieve a specific business goal, put on by the Louisville Leadership Center
- Advocate and volunteer for Special Olympics of Kentucky and My Dog Eats First
- Leads PR efforts for non-profit American Football Without Barriers
Most Vivid Memory of WKU
Fall Season at WKU – there is nothing like enjoying class outside with colleagues on a sunny fall afternoon, or walking down the hill and enjoying the scenery as the leaves change.