The Department of Communication is proud to present the
13th Annual John Lyne Speech Contest
Saturday, April 30, 2022
8:30 AM - 1:00 PM
Rounds 1 and 2 will be held in Classrooms in FAC
Final Round will be held in FAC 198
Join us for the 13th Annual John Lyne Speech Contest hosted by the Department of Communication. This event will serve to celebrate student excellence in the basic course in Fundamentals of Public Speaking and Communication. Our contest will be judged by a panel of celebrity judges including WKU President, Tim Caboni, PCAL Dean Terrance Brown, and Bowling Green City Commisioner Dana Beasley Brown.
Please enter through the doors across from the Music Hall. Click here for a map.
Click here for Speech Contest Program
Click here for a list of participants
Here is a map of campus, FAC building is #55
Here is a map of parking lots, most should be open on Saturday without fees
TWO CONTEST OPTIONS:
Recorded Speeches (open to all Fall 2021 and Spring 2022 students)
- Submit (for Fall students) by Friday Dec. 10 to your instructor.
- Recordings will be reviewed and ranked ahead of time by qualified judges.
- Top finalists will have their presentations shown at the contest and will be invited to attend the awards ceremony and receive their cash prizes
In-person Speeches (open to all Fall 2021 and Spring 2022 students)
- Students will present live speeches that will be reviewed and ranked by qualified judges.
- Finalists will be awarded cash prizes and attend awards ceremony.
*for each contest
First Place - $200 · Second Place - $100 · Third Place - $50
All nominees who complete the registration below will be sent a congratulatory letter and Communication Dept. white squirrel towel!
Further instructions for Nominees:
- For both in-person and recorded speeches, speeches should be no less than four minutes and no more than seven minutes in length. Please check with your instructor for further advice.
- If submitting recorded speech, do so by following provided instructions: Recorded Speech Submission Instructions
- Watch for emails from the Department with further information and details!
This is event is generously sponsored by John Lyne and PCAL.