Facebook Pixel Advising Information | Western Kentucky University Skip to main content

Advising Information

Important Forms

Application for COMM 595: Independent Study in Communication

There are three major forms all graduate students must complete: Program of Study, Program of Study Change, and Application for Graduation.

Program of Study (for new students):
This form is your degree program and should be completed During the first 12 hours of course work. If you are in your first semester or just finishing your first semester, please make an appointment with your advisor to complete the Program of Study. If the Graduate School office does not have this form on file by the completion of the 12 hours, a registration hold will be placed on your record. This hold will not be lifted until the Program of Study, with all of the appropriate signatures, is on file the the Graduate School. Please visit the Graduate School- Forms Page for the form.

Program of Study  Change Forms (for graduating students):
If you have already completed your Program of Study but have taken different courses from what was included on the form, you will need to complete a Program of Study Change Form. Please complete the form and give it to your advisor for approval. Visit the Graduate School- Forms Page for the form.

Application for Graduation (for those graduating in December, May, or August):This application should be submitted on topnet with the appropriate fee at least one semester prior to the date on which the degree is to be conferred. To submit your application for graduation, follow these steps:

1. Sign on to Topnet with your WKU ID and PIN.
2. Follow the 'Student Services' link.
3. Follow the 'Student Records' link.
4. Follow the 'Application for Graduation' link and fill out the form provided


If any course work remains incomplete at the time of expected degree completion, a student will not be permitted to graduate until the grade changes are available from the Registrar's Office. Students are responsible for keeping up with incomplete grades and contacting individual professors for directions in completing the course requirements. The Graduate School office is not responsible for notifying students of incomplete grades, nor changing these grades. 

For a list of all Graduate Student Forms, please visit the Graduate School website. For more Graduate School related information visit Graduate School Catalog





Some of the links on this page may require additional software to view.

 Last Modified 8/25/22