Center for Innovative Teaching & Learning - Mediasite
Mediasite is now the supported video, audio and screen capture for both face-to-face and online courses at WKU.
Mediasite is the supported video, audio and screen capture for both face-to-face and online courses at Western Kentucky University. Academic Technology provides hands on training to faculty and online video tutorials available for faculty and students.
Mediasite is available through Blackboard and is located in you course under the Course Tools option "My Mediasite". The blackboard integration makes it easy for faculty to record and upload lectures to any course. Mediasite offers a variety of features including:
- Video importing
- Customized reporting
- Easy to use editing functions
- Automatic lecture uploading
- Simple recording management tools
On this page, you will find the following information regarding Mediasite:
- Why Use Mediasite
- What You Need to Use Mediasite
- How to Use Mediasite
WHY USE MEDIASITE
Educators know that the more students can see, hear, and experience class resources, the better they learn. With Mediasite, students quickly:
- recall key moments
- replay entire classes online with digital notes.
- scan thumbnail images
- create and upload presentations
If you want to learn more how to integrate your lecture recording in your online course contact us.
WHAT YOU NEED TO USE MEDIASITE
- Computer with a stable internet connection
- NetId Account to login to Blackboard
- Webcam, microphone
System Test Page : this page will automatically check the user’s computer to assess whether it meets the minimum requirements to record or view a Mediasite video.
HOW TO USE MEDIASITE
- Attend a hands on training
- Watch the video tutorials
- Follow the print tutorials
- Faculty Mediasite Tutorial
- Student Mediasite Tutorial