Choosing appropriate tools to use in your course can enhance students engagement and enrich the learning experience. When choose a tool, consider the following:
- 1. Does this tool support the learning objectives?
- The tool should always support the learning objectives. We choose a tool not because it is cool, but because it supports the learning objectives and helps students learn.
- 2. Is this tool user-friendly?
- If the tool is too difficult for you to handle or has too much trouble for students to use, it is better to choose another tool.
- 3. Does the university provide technical support for this tool?
- Your life will be easier if the university provides technical support for this tool because you can get help when you or your students have trouble.
If you have difficulty to choose a tool, please contact us and we are happy to help you!
These are a few of the tools you can use in your course. We have provided some resources about how to use these tools technically, but if you want to learn more about how to integrate these tools into your course, please contact the Center for Innovative Teaching & Learning .
Note: documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to view,
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,