Center for Innovative Teaching & Learning - Blackboard Ally
In an effort to increase the accessibility of digital course content, the Blackboard Ally tool is available within Blackboard. The Blackboard Ally tool aids in providing a more inclusive and equitable learning environment for both faculty and students.
Blackboard Ally provides the following benefits for faculty:
- Runs various course materials through an accessibility checker eliminating the need to use several different checkers and tools.
- Generates equitable alternatives of course content including audio, ePub, electronic braille, tagged PDF, and HTML (for mobile device viewing) file types.
- Allows for student choice due to the generated alternatives supporting the principles of Universal Design for Learning (UDL).
- Provides feedback on course accessibility as well as guidance on how to fix identified accessibility issues.
- Allows for timely response to students’ accessibility needs with decreased development time to create alternative versions.
Take a moment to watch the short video to the right to see what Ally is and how it works.
If you are interested in using Blackboard Ally in your course site or have any questions,
please email email@example.com.
A member of our team will reach out to help you get started.
Helpful Links for Faculty
Helpful Links for Students