Grade in Blackboard
Using Blackboard's Grade Center, instructors are able to review, annotate, and grade submissions while seamlessly and efficiently publishing grades for student view.
What can I grade?
- Quizzes or exams
- Group submissions
- Discussions, blogs, wikis, journals
- Manually created columns (e.g., participation)
Accessing the Grade Center
To access and grade student submissions:
- Scroll down to your Course Management area in the specific Blackboard course site.
- Click and expand the Grade Center.
- Select Needs Grading to grade those submissions that need to be reviewed and graded. Or select Full Grade Center to view all students and all columns.
Grade and provide feedback within a reasonable time period (e.g., ideally 3-5 days after submission).
Utilize Blackboard rubrics and feedback when grading. Rubrics ensure consistent and impartial grading while helping students focus on your expectations.