WKU student receives Brite Nursing Scholarship
- Med Center Health Foundation
- Tuesday, January 19th, 2021
Jill Payne (left), Med Center Health Executive Vice President and Chief Nursing Officer, presented the Brite Nursing Scholarship to WKU Nursing student Sarah Saysanavong (right).
Med Center Health Foundation announced WKU Nursing student Sarah Saysanavong of Bowling Green, CNA with The Medical Center at Bowling Green Adult Oncology, is the recipient of the James W. and Mary Carolyn Wolfe Brite Nursing Scholarship for Spring 2021.
Med Center Heath Foundation offers the scholarship through the generosity of Mary Carolyn Brite, widow of James W. Brite, a long-time Board member of The Medical Center at Bowling Green. Students actively enrolled in an accredited Nursing Program at Western Kentucky University to become a Registered Nurse are eligible. This nursing scholarship is available to nursing students in either an Associate Degree Nursing Program or a Bachelor’s Degree Nursing Program.
This scholarship includes $6,000 ($3,000 per semester) to be applied to tuition, required textbooks and fees. To qualify for the nursing scholarship, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Currently employed by Med Center Health (MCH)
- Completed 3 years of service with commendable or above performance review ratings
- Personal interview
- Be previously accepted into a WKU nursing program (with an established completion date)
- Establish a financial need (submit most recent 1040 form)
- Maintain minimum 2.75 GPA requirement for continuation of scholarship
- Agree to work for MCH upon graduation as a full time RN for the term of one year for each year the scholarship was awarded
For more information about Med Center Health Foundation, visit MCHealth.Foundation.
Contact:Glynda Chu, (270) 745-1098