We prepare health and human services professionals who will work to improve the quality of life in their communities and beyond.
To be an innovative leader in the student-centered, interprofessional, preparation of health and human services professionals by providing students with an inclusive, community-engaged, and interdisciplinary academic experience.
The College of Health and Human Services, values each of the following as they relate to teaching, research, and service:
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion - Foster and advocate for an inclusive environment in which all contributions are welcome.
- Community-engagement – Encourage students, faculty, and staff to involve the “community” in responding to issues that affect quality of life.
- Interdisciplinary/interprofessional approaches– Foster an environment in which faculty and students learn across disciplines to develop shared understanding.
- Ethical practices and integrity – Demonstrate ethical decision-making and behavior and teach the importance of ethical practices in our fields.
- Collaboration– Work together with key stakeholders to achieve common goals.
- Student-centered – Create an environment in which individual needs of the students are prioritized.
- Innovation – Foster an environment that supports the creation of new ideas.