WKU Recognizes Top Volunteers, Alumni, and Alumni Chapters at 2014 Summit Awards
- WKU News
- Friday, November 7th, 2014
WKU recognized its top volunteers, alumni and alumni chapters November 6th at the annual Summit Awards. Distinguished Service Medals to recognize the service of the University’s top volunteers were presented to Craig Browning of Bowling Green, Jim Martens of Bowling Green, and Dr. Linda Johnson Vitale of Bowling Green.
Houchens Industries, Inc. was recognized as WKU’s Philanthropist of the Year.
Tyler Jury of Louisville was named the Young Alumnus of the Year and Brooklyn Foster of Owensboro was named the Alumna of the Year.
The Barren County, Greater Louisville, Music City and Owensboro alumni chapters were recognized as Spirit of Distinction Alumni Chapters for their efforts in organizing alumni events, community service projects, student recruitment and special events.
The Summit Awards were presented at the Knicely Conference Center at WKU’s South Campus as part of 2014 Homecoming activities.
University-wide Volunteer of the Year awards were presented to the following:
- Eleanor Allen of Bowling Green, Society of African American Alumni Executive Committee
- Dr. Carroll Brooks of Bowling Green, College of Health and Human Services Stakeholders Advisory Board
- Craig Browning of Bowling Green, The Center for Leadership Excellence and the WKU Foundation Board of Trustees
- Bill Edwards of Bowling Green, Alumni W-Club
- Deborah Fillman of Owensboro, WKU Owensboro
- Sam Ford of Bowling Green, Communication Advisory Council
- Richard Gladden of Louisville, Business Executive Advisory Council of the Gordon Ford College of Business
- Michael Hester of Scottsville, Department of Sociology
- John and Dawn Hitron of Louisville, The Center for Gifted Studies Advisory Board
- Barbara Johnston of Bowling Green, WKU Center for Gerontology
- Cheryl Kirby-Stokes of Morgantown, WKU Public Broadcasting – WKU NPR
- Grady Marks of Brentwood, Tenn., Young Alumni Council
- Jim Martens of Bowling Green, Hilltopper Athletic Foundation Board
- Jeff McGill of Bowling Green, College Heights Foundation Board
- Mike Morse of Woodburn, School of Journalism & Broadcasting Photojournalism Professional Advisory Committee
- J Moseley of Franklin, Tenn., Alumni Association National Board of Directors
- Jeff and Lorie Richey of Glasgow, Honors College Parents’ Advisory Council
- Henry Royse of Glasgow, WKU Glasgow
- William Sledge of Bowling Green, WKU Libraries Special Collections
- Greg Stivers of Bowling Green, WKU Research Foundation Board
- Ginger Tomlinson of Bowling Green, WKU Public Broadcasting – WKU PBS
- William L. Twyman of Cave City, College of Education and Behavioral Sciences Advisory Board
- Dr. Linda Johnson Vitale of Bowling Green, Society for Lifelong Learning at WKU
For the full article and photos from the event, click here.