College of Education and Behavioral Sciences
WKU Vanguard Project
Partnership among Western Kentucky University, Bowling Green Independent School District, Daviess County School District, Owensboro Independent School District, and Warren County School District
GOAL: Transform the system of education in Kentucky to a level whereby schools/students will perform at levels comparable to those of schools in top performing countries in the world.
- Recruit high-performing students into teacher education programs;
- Increase standards for individuals seeking admission to and exiting teacher education programs;
- Increase expectations of teacher candidates relative to mastery of subject matter;
- Provide clinical experiences to ensure prospective teachers master the craft of teaching;
- Enhance support for new teachers entering the profession; and
- Restructure/align districts/schools with the project guidelines.
WKU Vanguard Prospectus (pdf)
WKU Vanguard Presentation (pptx)
|View PDF *
*: posted with permission from The National Center on Education and the Economy (NCEE)