College of Education and Behavioral Sciences
Field Placement Guidelines for Observation Hours
Classes Placed for Observation Hours:
- EDU 250
- MGE 275, MGE 385, MGE 477, MGE 475, MGE 481,
- SEC 351, SEC 352, SEC 453, SEC 481, SEC 475, SEC 477, SEC 479, SEC 478
- LTCY 421 and LTCY 444
- PSY 310
- SPED 330
- (Elementary Education Classes are Scheduled Separately)
- All Content Area Education Classes – such as MUS, ART, PE, etc.
Field Placement Professional Code of Conduct
As a WKU Education student observing in a Kentucky public school, you will need to be informed of the following guidelines and procedures.
- WKU students should use email as their primary source of contacting their assigned field placement hosting teacher. Email is less intrusive to instruction in the classroom
- WKU students should adhere to the follow professional dress code:
- Hats are not worn.
- Skirts must be long enough to reach the wearer’s fingertips.
- Shirts are not sleeveless, show cleavage, or low cut.
- No tobacco, drug or alcohol endorsements on attire.
- Cell phones are not used or heard on premises in presence of students or during meetings.
- All piercings (except for earrings) should be removed and/or covered.
- All tattoos should be covered.
- Students should follow any additional guidelines noted in the assigned school professional code of conduct.
- WKU students are to enter the building using the front entrance and sign in at the office as a visitor. Please sign out when leaving the premises.
- If you are scheduled to observe, then be on time and ready to assist and observe.
- If you decide NOT to complete your placement hours at an assigned Bowling Green/Warren County school then you must complete an Out of Area request form online. You may request the link for this form from email@example.com.
For Criminal Background Check, Physical and TB Screening information, contact: Ms. Andrea Ford