Opportunities at CEBS
Press Enter to Search
Comprehensive Written Master's Examinations
Office of the Dean
College of Education and Behavioral Sciences
Western Kentucky University
1906 College Heights Blvd., #11030
Bowling Green, KY 42101-1030
Application Deadline: Friday, February 27, 2015
Exam Date: SATURDAY, March 21 2015
Comprehensive written master's examinations are required for some students in the following areas:
- MAE in Special Education, Learning and Behavior Disorders (Ref. # 0424), LBNC concentration only (i.e., those seeking initial certification at the graduate level)
- MAE in Special Education, MSD (Ref. #0425)
- MAE in Secondary Education (Ref. #103), ARTC students and GSKyTeach students only (i.e., those seeking initial certification at the graduate level).
- MAE in School Counseling (Ref. #046)
- MAE in Counseling: Clinical Mental Health, Marriage and Family Therapy (Ref. #043)
- MAE in Student Affairs in Higher Education (Ref. #145)
- MAE in Education and Behavioral Science Studies (Ref. # 042)
TIME AND PLACE: The examination will be held on SATURDAY, March 21 2015, from 9:00 a.m. until 12:00 noon (Central Time).
All examinations will be conducted in Gary A. Ransdell Hall (GRH). Contact your department or advisor for location.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE? The following requirements must be met to take the comprehensive examination: apply for graduation upon earning 18 graduate hours; have completed any required research foundations and/or specified research course(s) on the program of study; be in the last semester of the degree program or have completed all content course work associated with the program; be in good standing academically; and have completed any additional requirements as specified by the department(s) directing the program. Students should contact their program advisors for information about the specific comprehensive exam policy for that program.
The examination will be evaluated by your major department and a grade of Pass or Fail will be assigned. The accompanying application form MUST be submitted directly to:
Dr. Janet Applin, Associate Dean for Academic Programs, College of Education and Behavioral Sciences, ON OR BEFORE Friday, February 27, 2015. Please follow submission instructions at the bottom of the application.
If you have any questions, please contact your advisor or the appropriate department head.
- Program-specific Information on Comprehensive Exams:
- CEBS Policy on Comprehensive Exams
- Writing Good Answers to Essay Questions
- FAQs Regarding CEBS Graduate Course Enrollment and Program Completion
Note: documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to view,
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,