Skip to main content
Skip to main content

College of Education and Behavioral Sciences

Comprehensive Written Master's Examinations

Comprehensive written master's examinations are required for some students in the following areas:

  • MAE in School Counseling (Ref. #046)
  • MAE in Counseling: Clinical Mental Health Counseling and Marriage, Couple and Family Counseling (Ref. #043)
  • MAE in Student Affairs in Higher Education (Ref. #145)

Contact your department or advisor for location

For more detailed comps information, application, and deadlines, visit:

Counseling Graduation, Comprehensive Exams, and Certification

Student Affairs Graduation & Comprehensive Exams

WHO IS ELIGIBLE?  The following requirements must be met to take the comprehensive examination: apply for graduation upon earning 18 graduate hours; have completed any required research foundations and/or specified research course(s) on the program of study; be in the last semester of the degree program or have completed all content course work associated with the program; be in good standing academically; and have completed any additional requirements as specified by the department(s) directing the program.  Students should contact their program advisors for information about the specific comprehensive exam policy for that program. The examination will be evaluated by your major department and a grade of Pass or Fail will be assigned. 

The comprehensive exam application form MUST be submitted directly to Belinda Wisdom through any of the following methods:

  • Email at (save in the following format; LastName_CompsAppSp17)
  • Fax to 270-745-5031
  • Mail to Belinda Wisdom, Department of Counseling and Student Affairs, GRH 2011, WKU, 1906 College Heights Blvd. #51031, Bowling Green, KY  42101-1031.

Related Links

Note: documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to view,
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.

Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
download excel.

Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
download word.

Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
download powerpoint.

Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,
download quicktime.

 Last Modified 9/6/17