Comprehensive Written Master's Examinations
Comprehensive written master's examinations are required for some students in the following areas:
- MAE in School Counseling (Ref. #046)
- MAE in Counseling: Clinical Mental Health Counseling and Marriage, Couple and Family Counseling (Ref. #043)
- MAE in Student Affairs in Higher Education (Ref. #145)
Contact your department or advisor for location
For more detailed comps information, application, and deadlines, visit:
WHO IS ELIGIBLE? The following requirements must be met to take the comprehensive examination: apply for graduation upon earning 18 graduate hours; have completed any required research foundations and/or specified research course(s) on the program of study; be in the last semester of the degree program or have completed all content course work associated with the program; be in good standing academically; and have completed any additional requirements as specified by the department(s) directing the program. Students should contact their program advisors for information about the specific comprehensive exam policy for that program. The examination will be evaluated by your major department and a grade of Pass or Fail will be assigned.
The comprehensive exam application form MUST be submitted directly to Belinda Wisdom through any of the following methods:
- Email at Belinda.email@example.com (save in the following format; LastName_CompsAppSp17)
- Fax to 270-745-5031
- Mail to Belinda Wisdom, Department of Counseling and Student Affairs, GRH 2011, WKU, 1906 College Heights Blvd. #51031, Bowling Green, KY 42101-1031.
- Program-specific Information on Comprehensive Exams:
- CEBS Policy on Comprehensive Exams
- Writing Good Answers to Essay Questions
- FAQs Regarding CEBS Graduate Course Enrollment and Program Completion
Note: documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to view,
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,