College of Education and Behavioral Sciences News
CPE to hold webinar focused on serving LGBTQ+ students
- Council on Postsecondary Education
- Wednesday, June 30th, 2021
The Council on Postsecondary Education will hold a webinar, Supporting the Full Spectrum of Gender Identities on Our Campuses, at 11 a.m. ET/10 a.m. CT Wednesday (July 7).
Part of the Council’s Higher EDquity series, the webinar will focus on how higher education institutions can better serve LGBTQ+ students with special emphasis on providing mental health support, expanding cultural competence of the student population, and how to create more inclusive pedagogy.
Featured speakers are students and faculty from WKU:
- Peggy Crowe, director, Counseling Center and Student Accessibility Resource Center
- Izzy Gentry, student
- Kirsten Hooks, program specialist for Living Learning Communities
- Molly Kerby, assistant provost for institutional effectiveness and co-chief diversity officer
- Kyle Phillips, student and representative on the Committee for Diversity and Inclusion
- Martha Sales, dean of students and executive director of TRIO Programs and the Intercultural Student Engagement Center
The event is open to the public, and those interested in attending can register on the Council's website at http://cpe.ky.gov/higheredquity/webinar-070721.html.