College of Education and Behavioral Sciences News
Events scheduled for Sexual Assault Prevention Month
- WKU News
- Thursday, March 23rd, 2023
April is Sexual Assault Prevention Month, and the WKU campus community will kick off activities on Monday (March 27).
The Sexual Assault Prevention Month Kick-Off will be held from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the Downing Student Union Courtyard (rain location: DSU second floor). The event will provide information on resources for prevention and support that are available on campus and in the community.
As part of the kick-off event, campus departments, student organizations, and local nonprofits will be available to share resources and raise awareness.
Other Sexual Assault Prevention Month activities include the following:
- March 27: Inbounds youth event, presented in partnership with Boys to Men Leadership Group and For a Real Change, at 5 p.m. at Bowling Green Ballpark
- March 30: Statewide Kick-off, hosted by The Kentucky Association of Sexual Assault Programs, 2 p.m.-4 p.m. CT in Owensboro
- April 3: Part of the Solution, an interactive discussion, 5 p.m. at Downing Student Union, room 3024
- April 5: First Things First: Your Story, Your Words at 5 p.m. at Gordon Wilson Hall Lab Theatre
- April 12: Faculty and Staff Disclosure Training, noon to 1:30 p.m. via Zoom
- April 12: Grocery Bingo, April’s program focuses on sexual assault education, advocacy, and prevention, 6:30 p.m. at DSU Nite Class
- April 13: 1000 Teal Ribbons and #MeToo, an interactive discussion, 3:30 p.m. at DSU Nite Class
- April 18: In Their Shoes, an interactive simulation, 5 p.m. at DSU Nite Class
- April 26: Denim Day, awareness day, all day awareness with WKU’s Student Government Association
- April 28: Take Back the Night, an annual event presented by Hope Harbor, 5 p.m.-8 p.m. at SOKY Marketplace, downtown Bowling Green
- Other monthlong activities include a Support a Survivor Supply Drive to collect non-spiral journals and fidget spinners with drop-off locations at Hope Harbor, WKU Counseling Center, WKU Student Activities, and WKU Social Work; and Ink Exposed Exhibit at the Intercultural Student Engagement Center Gallery in Downing Student Union.
Additional details on Sexual Assault Prevention Month events are available online at www.wku.edu/heretohelp/sapm
Sexual Assault Prevention Month is coordinated by WKU Counseling Center, Hope Harbor, Inc. Barren River Area Safe Space, WKU Student Conduct, WKU Health Education and Promotion, WKU Student Activities, WKU Social Work, WKU Department of English, WKU Student Government Association, and WKU Communications & Marketing. Events presented with support from the WKU College of Health and Human Services, WKU Gender and Women’s Studies, WKU Restaurant Group, and WKU Intercultural Student Engagement Center.
Contact: Elizabeth Madariaga, (270) 745-3159
CONTACT THE COLLEGE OF EDUCATION AND BEHAVIORAL SCIENCES
Office of the Dean
College of Education and Behavioral Sciences
1906 College Heights Blvd. #11030,
Bowling Green, KY 42101-1030
Some of the links on this page may require additional software to view.