- Date: Tuesday, February 10th, 20152015-02-10
- Time: 9:00am - 4:00pm
- Location: Helm 100, Chinese Learning CenterHelm 100, Chinese Learning Center
Held in Helm 100, within the Chinese Learning Center, “Day of Workshops” provides an opportunity for students to quickly learn about programs that can pay for graduate school in STEM fields, fund postgraduate research or degree programs abroad, place graduates in English teaching positions worldwide, or fund a year of service with international non-governmental organizations. The presentations will be given by WKU’s fellowship advisors, Dr. Audra Jennings, director of the Office of Scholar Development; Dr. Melinda Grimsley-Smith, coordinator of international scholarships; and Cheryl Kirby-Stokes, coordinator of nationally competitive opportunities.
Rotating 15-minute workshops will be held from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.:
- National Science Foundation Graduate Research Fellowship Program
- Fulbright U.S. Student Research Grants
- Fulbright U.S. Student English Teaching Assistantships
- Postgraduate international service fellowships
In addition to learning about the opportunities each program offers prospective applicants, attendees will get a brief overview of application processes and tips for success. OSD staff will be available before and after their presentations to chat with students and answer questions.
Contact: Dr. Melinda Grimsley-Smith, (270) 745-5043