- Nursing Recruitment Job Fair
- College to Career Fair
- Gordon Ford College of Business Fair
- Ogden College S.T.E.M. Job Fair
- Health and Human Services Job Fair
- Liberal Arts Fair
- Athletics Job Fair
KHEAA Work Study Program
- Phone: 270-745-3095
Internships are win-win.
"You can't get a job without experience and you can't get experience without a job", Employers need additional help, but do not have the resources to hire a permanent staff member. Students want a co-curricular experience that promotes their ventures and leads them to successful employment. Internships give the employer skilled help and students gain career-related experience.
An internship is typically 15 weeks in length with the student working 10-20 hours a week, however the dates and times are negotiable. Employers set a rate of pay, advertise the internship and hire the student. The academic credit and number of work hours required are established by the student and his/her faculty advisor.
Want to create an internship?
- Work with your supervisor and HR department to write an internship position description and determine the rate of pay
- Post the advertisment on CareerLink and The Center for Career and Professional Development will advertise it
- You will review resumes, interview, hire the student intern for a specified time period and sign off on a learning plan
- The student meets with their faculty advisor to arrange credit
- The employer completes an evaluation of the student and the work relationship ends
Criteria for Unpaid Internships
The U.S. Department of Labor has established six criteria to determine whether interns must be paid minimum wage:
We're here to help!
Feel free to contact The Center for Career and Professional Development if you need additional information or assistance in creating an internship at your organization. Call us at (270) 745-3095 or via email at EmployerRelations@wku.edu.
Note: documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to view,
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,