Walk-In: DSU, Room 2001
MyPlan "In a nutshell"
MyPlan is a website that helps you narrow your career options! By taking a few assessments that'll take in your preferences, personality, skills, and interests, you will receive a list of career options.
How should it be used?
Anyone who's questioning what career path to pursue can use it! MyPlan will help you see where your skills and interests can be applied in a successful way for your career future.
How to: The Steps for Login
- Access the CareerLink Log-In:
- Sign in using your WKU NetID and Password.
- Select "Click here to Sign up for MyPlan.com" (Copy the verification code that's above the link)
- If you're a New User click the "Free Account" button and fill out all fields.
- Got an account? Ignore the past instruction and Login
- Paste the "verification code" in the field asking for a "licensing code" at the end.
- Click the Assessment tab and take the four different tests: Career Personality Test, Career Interest Inventory, and Career Skills Profiler, and the Career Values Assessment.
- After completing each inventory, click on the CareerMatch button at the top of the screen to view your ranked career options. Remember that these are suggestions, not definitive answers. Once you have completed all four assessments (which takes about 35 minutes), click on the CareerMatch button and then choose the composite score. That will combine the results of the four assessments to give you the most accurate career options based on who you are today.
- If you wish to discuss the results with one of our career counselors, use one of the contact options in the left hand column. We are happy to help you understand the information provided by MyPlan.
Note: documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to view,
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,