Download the Strategic Plan (.PDF) for a fully formatted and printable version of this document.
We, the students, faculty, and staff of the Gordon Ford College of Business, value:
- the significance of relevant higher education and lifelong learning to the effective functioning of a modern global society;
- the necessity of revising educational experiences, methods, technologies, and delivery systems to meet the changing needs of students, business organizations, and society in general;
- the importance of fairness, honesty, integrity, trustworthiness, and ethical behavior in our actions, relationships, and in the performance of business activity;
- a respect and appreciation for diversity in our classrooms, workplace, associations, and relationships;
- the importance of continuous planning, assessment, and improvement to maintain currency, relevancy, and increasing levels of quality in our educational and operational processes.
The Gordon Ford College of Business will be the school of choice in the region for applied business education and a leader of business thought and engagement.
The mission of the Gordon Ford College of Business is to actively support and engage students, faculty, staff, and community in academic and lifelong professional development, providing the foundation needed to lead in today’s diverse business environments.
Our strategic intent is to make the Gordon Ford College of Business the school of choice for highly capable and motivated students from the Commonwealth of Kentucky and beyond. We also intend to make the Gordon Ford College the workplace of choice for faculty and staff.
- Recruit and retain well-prepared students and highly-qualified faculty and staff.
- Offer high-quality applied business programs that prepare students for lifelong learning and success in a diverse global workplace.
- Build a recognized culture of professionalism among students, faculty, and staff.
- Develop, broaden, and strengthen significant relationships with all internal and external stakeholders with a focus on alumni, business, and governmental organizations.