Careful financial planning is crucial to affording college today. Western Kentucky University knows the importance of providing options that will help you and your family conveniently manage educational expenses.
The below information provides the different payment options available at Western Kentucky University, including monthly payment plan and credit card options (with a convenience fee) administered for us by Nelnet Campus Commerce.
Payment using cash, check or money order
- In person, at the WKU Office of Billings & Receivables, Room 208 Potter Hall
- To limit COVID-19 exposure, please continue to practice social distancing and remit payments online, via mail or utilize our payment drop box located outside the second floor entrance of Potter Hall. Please do not place cash in the drop box.
- Mail check payments to the university's bank-processing center at: Western Kentucky University, PO Box 890784, Charlotte, NC 28289-0784
- Payments being sent by overnight/express (such as Fed-Ex, etc.) should be sent directly to: Billings and Receivables Office, Western Kentucky University, 1906 College Heights Blvd #11022, Bowling Green, KY 42101-1022
- Mail the bottom portion of your invoice with your check or money order. Please make sure your student identification number is written on the check or money order. Always allow at least seven to ten business days when payment by mail. Please do not mail cash.
- Payments must be made in U.S. dollars drawn on a U.S. bank. All checks should be made payable to: Western Kentucky University.
Payment using Credit/Debit Cards or Electronic Payments from Checking or Savings Account
- Log in to TopNet and select the Student Services tab, click on Pay Tuition and Fees and then select Pay Now.
- Pay online at wku.edu/bursar and select Make a Payment Online
- Visa®, MasterCard®, Discover® and American Express® are accepted.
- If you choose to use a credit or debit card, a fully disclosed processing fee of approximately 2.85% of the amount of payment will apply. (Fee covers administrative expenses and is not shared with WKU.)
- Free electronic debit from checking or savings is available.
- Because of high service and processing costs, the Billings and Receivables Office at WKU does not accept credit cards as a method to pay student account charges such as tuition, fees, room and board. We believe the savings realized by the University can be better utilized for academic endeavors. Credit cards will continue to be accepted at campus locations other than the Billings and Receivables Office.
Western Kentucky University offers interest-free monthly payment plans through our partnership with Nelnet Campus Commerce. Students and their parents have the option of choosing a semester payment plan for the current semester in which the student is enrolled. Payment plans are not available for the winter or summer terms.
For the Fall semester, we offer the following payment plans:
- 5-pay - Payments due June 1, July 1, August 1, September 1 and October 1
- 4-pay - Payments due July 1, August 1, September 1 and October 1
- 3-pay - Payments due August 1, September 1 and October 1
- 2-pay - Payments due September 1 and October 1
For the Spring semester, we offer the following payment plans:
- 5-pay - Payments due November 1, December 1, January 1, February 1 and March 1
- 4-pay - Payments due December 1, January 1, February 1 and March 1
- 3-pay - Payments due January 1, February 1 and March 1
- 2-pay - Payments due February 1 and March 1
- $45 enrollment fee per semester. Additional charges may apply. Please refer to your payment plan's Terms and Conditions during enrollment.
- To enroll, log in to TopNet and select the Student Services tab, click on Pay Tuition and Fees and then select Pay Now.
- Automatic monthly payments from either a credit/debit card or checking/savings account are required.
- Students: If someone is paying on your behalf, you MUST first set them up as an Authorized Payer.
- Once your profile is set up, you can enroll in a payment plan, make a payment, or set up an authorized payer who can create a plan for your balance.
- Authorized Payers: If you are paying on behalf of the student, the student MUST set up their account first and then add you as an Authorized Payer.
- If you have used Nelnet before, simply Sign In to manage your account.
- If you are new to Nelnet, click on the “Create a username & password” button to create an online account.
International Payments (Flywire)
Western Kentucky University has partnered with Flywire to offer an innovative and streamlined way to make a payment from your home country. Founded by a former international student, Flywire's mission is to save money for international students and their families that would otherwise be lost on bank fees and unfavorable foreign exchange rates.
With Flywire, international students receive the following benefits:
- excellent foreign exchange rates, allowing payments to be made in the student's home currency (generally).
- payment tracking through the transfer process via a student dashboard.
- email confirmation when payment is received by the school.
- fast and secure payments.
- assurance that the exact payment amount sent is the same amount received by the University (no hidden bank fees).
- Options may include bank transfer, debit/credit card in your home currency, electronic payment, or other local options.
Flywire Customer Support Information:
Phone: (617) 207-7076
US Toll-Free: 1-800-346-9252
No matter your time zone, Flywire will have a dedicated multilingual customer support team available to you via live chat, email and phone to answer any of your questions.
Depository (Drop Box)
Your payment may be placed in one of our two depository boxes. During regular business hours, you may place your payment in the depository box located next to the Billings Office payment window on the 2nd floor of Potter Hall. If you cannot make it during regular business hours, the other box is located outside of the second floor entrance of Potter Hall. The depositories are emptied daily. Always include the bottom portion of your e-bill invoice statement with your check or money order when using the depository. It is important that your student identification number is written on the check or money order. Please allow two to three business days for depository payments to post to your account. Please do not place cash in the depository.