Bioinformatics and Information Science Center
- Date: Tuesday, May 14th, 20132013-05-14
- Time: 8:00am - 9:00am
Also at 1 p.m.
Images are everywhere, from everyday devices like cameras and smart phones to specialized devices for medical imaging, automotive safety, industrial automation, and more. Each of these uses for image processing has unique challenges. MATLAB and Image Processing Toolbox provide a flexible environment to explore design ideas and create unique solutions for imaging systems.
In this webinar MathWorks engineers will highlight existing and new features in Image Processing Toolbox such as:
- Inspecting and analyzing images to extract meaningful information
- Registering two images for alignment and data fusion
- Detecting circular objects in an image using Hough transform
- Working with large data sets to improve performance and memory use
We will also discuss Image Acquisition Toolbox and Computer Vision System Toolbox. Previous knowledge of MATLAB is not required.
Please allow approximately 60 minutes to attend the presentation and Q&A session.
About the Presenter: Garima Sharma works in technical marketing for Image Processing applications. Since joining MathWorks in 2004, Garima has worked in Signal Processing and Communications development group, focusing recently on software defined radio in the loop verification and validation, before moving on to technical marketing. Garima holds a B.S. and M.S. in Electrical engineering.
- Image Processing Toolbox™