A Financial U
Making responsible decisions to live within your means and setting financial goals today that will positively impact your financial future. A financially well person has an understanding of their financial situation. This involves the process of learning how to successfully manage financial expenses. Money plays a critical role in our lives and not having enough of it impacts health as well as academic performance.
Tips on Improving Your Financial Wellness
1. Think long-term by starting a savings account
2. Plan for the future (Paying back student loans)
3. Use credit cards only in emergencies
4. Buy used books
5. Choose the right meal plan so you aren't spending extra money on food
6. Save gas money and walk or ride your bike to class- Campus Walking Map
7. Use student discounts to your advantage
Helpful Services on Campus
The WKU Center for Financial Success offers free peer-to-peer financial counseling and financial presentations for WKU students and community members. https://www.wku.edu/cfs/ has resources on budgeting, credit cards, and student loans. Visit http://wkucenterforfinancialsuccess.blog.wku.edu/. for "Finance Friday" videos and financial blog posts every Wednesday.
Upcoming Events:No Events Found