Dr. Greg Arbuckle
Acting Department Chair - Associate Professor
Office: Environmental Science & Tech 205
- Ph.D. Technology Management, Specialization in Quality Systems (2004)
- M.S. Industrial Technology (1999)
- B.S. Mechanical Technology – Minor Bio-Medical Electronics (1996)
- Acting Department Chair – Western Kentucky University Aug. 2013 - Present
- Associate Professor – Western Kentucky University Aug. 2010 – Present
- Assistant Professor – Western Kentucky University Jan. 2005 – Aug. 2010
- Assistant Professor – University of Nebraska @ Kearney Jan. 2002 – Dec. 2004
- Instructor – Indiana State University Aug. 1998 – Dec. 2001
- Quality Control Engineer – Gartland Foundry June 1996 – Aug. 1998
Professional Memberships & Activities:
- Association of Technology Management and Applied Engineering (formally NAIT) 2000 – Present
- Epsilon Pi Tau 2002 – Present
Past Professional and Academic Association Memberships
- Society of Manufacturing Engineers 2001 – 2006
- American Society of Quality 1996 – 1999
- Institute of Packaging Professionals 2001 – 2002
Awards & Honors:
- Certificate of Appreciation – Elizabethtown Community and Technical College April 2007.
- Ogden College of Science and Engineering – Award for Student Advisement 2007.
Courses I have taught at WKU:
- AMS 202 – CADD for Architecture
- AMS 205 – CADD for Manufacturing
- AMS 210 – Introduction to Technology
- AMS 271 – Industrial Statistics
- AMS 328 – Robotics and Machine Vision
- AMS 343 – Automated Systems
- AMS 370 – Computer Numerical Control
- AMS 371 – Quality Assurance
- AMS 430 – Technology Management
- AMS 490 – Senior Research
- AMS 580 – Six-Sigma Quality
- AMS 630 – Legal & Ethical Issues in Technology
- AMS 650 – Industrial Distribution
- AMS 671 – Quality Management
- IT 510 – Investigation in Industrial Technology
- Research interests include:
- Quality Systems
- Quality Management
- AutoCAD Applications
- Computer Integrated Manufacturing
- Edwards-Page, J., Vergonet, B., Arbuckle, G.K., & Pesterfield, L. (2013) Creating a Three-Dimensional Pourbaix Model. Internal FUSE Grant: $4,500.
- Austin, A. & Arbuckle, G.K. (2013) Improving Process Capability in a Computer Integrated Manufacturing (CIM) Cell with the use of a Renishaw 40-2 Spindle Probe. Internal Graduate Grant: $1392.34.
- Jahan, M. (PI) & Arbuckle, G.K. (2013) Sustainable Machining of Aerospace Materials. Internal RCAP: $15,000.
- Ferrell, B. & Arbuckle, G.K. Flexible Manufacturing and Robotics Cell Upgrade. $512,500.
- Ferrell, B. & Arbuckle, G.K. Equipment Acquisition for the Science, Technology, and Engineering Facility. $1,412,000
- Arbuckle, G.K., Doggett, A.M. & Reaka, B.C. (2013). Comparative Analysis of Student Outcomes for a 2+2 Technology Management and Advanced Manufacturing Baccalaureate Program. TIIJ, Fall 2013.
- Arbuckle, G.K. & Doggett, A.M. (2012). Creating a State-Wide Transfer Program for Engineering Technology and Technology Management Students. TIIJ, Winter 2012.
- Arbuckle, G.K. & McDaniel, D. (2007). Development of an online master’s degree in Technology Management. ASEE Conference Proceedings.
- Arbuckle, G.K. & Lightner, S. (2006). ISO 9000 in the Iberian Peninsula and the United States. IJME Conference Proceedings.
- Sinn, J. W., Arbuckle, G.K. et.al. (2002). A quality major. Quality Progress, 35 (10), 24-29
- 2010-2011 International Exchange program with Reutlingen University in Reutlingen Germany
- 2007-2009 Industrial cohort program with Weyerhaeuser International for the 2+2 program in Technology Management
- 2007-2008 Food Automation and Manufacturing Concentration for the Advanced Manufacturing program
- 2006-2008 Industrial cohort program with Logan County Judge Executive Office for the 2+2 program in Technology Management
- 2006-2007 Online M.S. in Technology Management
- 2012-2013 Developed the WKU Advanced Manufacturing Nanotechnology Lab
- 2006-2011 Senator Mitch McConnell Advanced Manufacturing and Robotics laboratory
- 2006-2007 Programmable Logic Controller laboratory for the Advanced Manufacturing program