Facebook Pixel American Traveler Registration | Western Kentucky University Skip to main content

American Traveler



How to Register

Participation in an American Traveler program requires you to complete several steps. We try to make this as easy as possible, but these steps must be followed.


Each program has it's own registration from. See the programs page.

Participants must meet the following minimum requirements to be eligible for a program:

See specific program details for additional eligibility requirements.

For WKU students in American Traveler programs, you are asked to review the Family Education Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) information.

International American Traveler programs include emergency medical insurance in the program fee.

Currently, participating in a Study Away or an American Traveler program does not require a specific medical/health insurance. However, to participate, you must provide proof of medical/health insurance by submitting a copy of your insurance card to the Study Away Office when requested.

Again, WKU does not endorse a specific insurance, but we do require that you provide proof of coverage for the duration of your Study Away program.

WKU does not endorse any particular provider or policy. This is posted only for your information.






Some of the links on this page may require additional software to view.

 Last Modified 2/3/18