EMT Course Dates (Spring 2018 Semester):
January 22-May 11
Tuesdays & Thursdays
Room: SC 129
5:30 - 9:30 PM
Non-credit program full tuition ($800) due upon registration
EMT Program: Admission Requirements
The Western Kentucky University EMT course is conducted in one semester and includes the following components: didactic (lecture), psychomotor (skills labs), and clinical (field internship). The field internship includes riding with a local EMS agency for a minimum of 24 hours while obtaining a minimum of 10 patient contacts. The course instruction utilizes the Emergency Medical Technician Instructional Guidelines of the National Emergency Medical Services Education Standards, and prepares the student for national registration and state certification as an Emergency Medical Technician.
State regulations pertaining to becoming an EMT:
- The student is at least sixteen years of age (must be at least 18 at time of certification)
- The student is currently enrolled in grades 9 – 12 with a minimum GPA of 2.0 or holds a high school diploma or GED
- The student understands, reads, speaks, and writes the English language with a comprehension and performance level equal to at least the ninth grade of education, otherwise known as Level 4, verified by testing as necessary
- The student is not currently subject to disciplinary action pursuant to KRS Chapter 311A that would prevent certification
- The student meets all additional requirements established by KEMSA and or Western Kentucky University
- The student holds a valid motor vehicle operator’s license or learners permit from a state or territory in the United States
Choose the track that fits you best.
- Earn credits toward a future degree
- Earn credentials while pursuing a degree.
- Financial aid eligible
Contact Jonathan Blick, instructor, with all inquiries at email@example.com.
- No college entrance exams
- No waiting for college admission
- Less expensive than our credit option
Note: documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to view,
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,