Mission and Vision
To support community development locally and abroad through campus and community partnerships. The ALIVE CCP connects students, faculty, staff, and community members to resources and opportunities for meaningful service and public scholarship.
Our vision is that campus and community members, from all sectors and backgrounds, will engage in successful applied-learning opportunities and work together to improve quality of life by acting as public problem-solvers and effective community-builders.
We carry out our mission by:
- Facilitating campus and community partnerships to address local and regional needs
- Providing training for and assistance with service-learning and community-based scholarship
- Providing meeting space for the campus and community free of charge
- Maintaining an online list of volunteer opportunities
- Matching WKU faculty, staff and student interests with service projects
- Coordinating volunteer placement
- Maintaining a comprehensive directory of Bowling Green-Warren County service organizations and support groups
- Responding to inquiries regarding childcare, health, education, recreation, housing, monetary needs and other services
- Maintaining an ongoing list of community events