Skip to main content
Skip to main content

AHS Current Students

AHS Exclusives:  



Contact AHS:

Applied Human Sciences

1906 College Heights Blvd #11037

Bowling Green, KY  42101-1037

270-745-4352 (phone)

270-745-3999 (fax) (e-mail)


If you want to change your major to one of the majors available in FACS, please complete the Change of Major/Minor/Concentration/Advisor form that can be found on TopNet under the Student Services tab.  This form is NOT submitted electronically. You must print it out and submit it to the FACS department office in Academic Complex, Room 302F.  An advisor will be assigned to you, and the form will be forwarded by the depratment  for final processing. The student and the assigned advisor will get an e-mail notifying them of the assignment, and at that point, the student is responsible for contacting the advisor  for advisement. 



The FACS Department houses the Beta Delta Chapter of Phi Upsilon Omicron, a national honor society for the Family and Consumer Science field.  Membership is by invitation only.  For more information on this honor society, the benefits of membership and the eligibility criteria, please see their website:


Majors,  Minors, and Certificate Programs AVAILABLE IN FACS

Some FACS majors are comprehensive, which  means they have enough hours required for the major that a minor is not necessary.  Other FACS majors have fewer hours included, so a minor is required.  Information for all majors, minors, and certificate programs in FACS can be found at these links.



Upperclassmen scholarships are available through the FACS department on a competitive basis.  You do not need to know a specific scholarship for which you are applying, but if you want to see a listing of scholarships available through the FACS department, you can go to TOPDollar and search "Family and Consumer Sciences".Please complete the FACS Scholarship  Application and submit a hard copy to the FACS department no later than April 1 to be considered for those scholarships.



Use of the Toppermail system is required for official  correspondence from this department and it's faculty to students.  Students must set up their Toppermail account for it to show up in TopNet.  If students prefer to use a personal e-mail, Toppermail can be forwarded to that personal e-mail address.

 If you are unsure of how to manage your toppermail account, please go to this website: for instructions. 

Note: documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to view,
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.

Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
download excel.

Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
download word.

Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
download powerpoint.

Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,
download quicktime.

 Last Modified 8/4/17