Early Childhood Director Credential and Certificate
The Kentucky Early Childhood Director Credential and Certificate are available to you while taking college courses in either the Early Childhood Education program, or the Child Studies program. The purpose of the credential and certificate are to provide individuals with the education and skills necessary for managing an early childhood program.
The learning outcomes of the certificate program include an understanding of and the ability to apply the following in the early childcare setting
- State and national regulations and laws pertaining to the education of young children.
- Ethics and the National Association for the Education of Young Children Code of Ethics.
- Programming for families and children.
- Supervision and staff development.
- Health and safety for young children.
- Financial management and marketing in the early childcare setting.
- Community collaboration/resource management to benefit young children and their families.
- The required courses are:
- FACS 191 Child Development
- FACS 193
- FACS 335 OR 336
- FACS 299
- All courses must be passed with a grade of 'C' or above.
- Students interested in completing this certificate program must submit a completed Undergraduate Certificate Form.For more information, please feel free to contact Dr. D'Lee Babb.
- Once these four courses have been completed, students must complete paperwork within the university to be mailed to the state for certification. For more information, please feel free to contact Dr. D'Lee Babb.
- Individuals wishing to earn this credential may also be eligible for the KIDS NOW Scholarship program for college coursework.