Links to Organizations Related to Child Studies
- Prevent Child Abuse America (PCAA)
- Southern Early Childhood Association (SECA)
- Society for Research in Child Development (SRCD)
- National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC)
- Healthy Families America (HFA)
- Health Access Nurturing Development Services (HANDS)
- National Head Start Association
- National Council on Family Relations (NCFR)
Applied Health Sciences
1906 College Heights Blvd #11037
Bowling Green, KY 42101-1037
Did you know that Kentucky has established a Director's Credential that you can earn while taking college courses in Early Childhood Education? Well, it's true! The state developed this KY Director's Credential, specific to the state of KY, in order to provide individuals with the education and skills necessary for managing an early childhood program.
- The required classes for the 'Director's Credential' are: FACS 191, FACS 192, FACS 294, FACS 295 OR FACS 296, AND FACS 299.
- Once these five courses have been completed, students must complete paperwork within the university to be mailed to the state for certification. For more information, please feel free to contact Dr. D'Lee Babb.
- Individuals wishing to earn this credential may also be eligible for the KIDS NOW Scholarship program for college coursework.
Note: documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to view,
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,