Links to Organizations Related to Child Studies
- Prevent Child Abuse America (PCAA)
- Southern Early Childhood Association (SECA)
- Society for Research in Child Development (SRCD)
- National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC)
- Healthy Families America (HFA)
- Health Access Nurturing Development Services (HANDS)
- National Head Start Association
- National Council on Family Relations (NCFR)
Applied Health Sciences
1906 College Heights Blvd #11037
Bowling Green, KY 42101-1037
Advisors in Child Studies
Within the Child Studies concentration, either the faculty, or the Coordinator, Student Services Mrs. Skinner, advise the students. Advising is an important part of the educational process at WKU. The Child Studies faculty and Mrs. Skinner are invested in the students and want to guide them not only through what courses to take, but also internship options, career opportunities, and other life experiences.
Thus the student's advisor will either be:
- Coordinator, Student Services, Mrs. Mandy Skinner (270-745-4744)
- An assigned faculty member.
Advisors are assigned by Mrs. Warden. Contact Lauri.Warden@wku.edu or 270-745-4352 to be assigned an advisor.
You must see your assigned advisor each semester prior to registering for classes (this is assuming you have declared your major, and have been assigned an advisor). Each student has an "Advising Hold" on their record until they meet with their advisor. After a student meets with his/her advisor, she will lift the hold on the students record, allowing the student to register for courses.
Remember, each advisor sees many students, therefore waiting until the last minute to schedule an appointment is not recommended, as there might be difficulty getting into the advising schedule.
Note: documents in Portable Document Format (PDF) require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to view,
download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Note: documents in Excel format (XLS) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Word format (DOC) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Powerpoint format (PPT) require Microsoft Viewer,
Note: documents in Quicktime Movie format [MOV] require Apple Quicktime,