B.S. in Agriculture with a 2nd Major or Minor
B.S. in Agriculture with a Second Major or Minor
This major in Agriculture requires completion of a minimum of 30 semester hours and leads to a Bachelor of Science degree. These hours must be taken in approved agriculture courses and a suitable major or minor(s) in other departments must be earned to total at least 54 approved semester hours. Electives chosen by the student and approved by an assigned advisor provide sufficient credits to satisfy an option. In addition, majors are required to complete specified courses in biology, chemistry and mathematics.
- AGRO 110 Intro to Plant Science (3 hr)
- ANSC 140 Intro to Animal Science (3 hr)
- AGMC 170/171 Intro to Ag Mechanics/lab
- AGRI 291 OR AGRI 491 Data Analysis/interpretation (3 hr)
- AGRO 350 Soils (3 hr)
- AGEC 360 Agricultural Economics (3 hr)
- AGRI 397 Agriculture Career Planning (1 hr)
- AGRI 398 Seminar (1 hr)
- AGRI 494 Contemporary Agriculture Issues (3 hr)
- Electives in Agriculture to complete 30 hours. Elective must be numbered 300 or above.